Thursday 26 May 2016

LO3 Production role for graphic design


Roles and responsibilities
So for this production my role is graphic designer which is the only role as this project was an individual task. This means I get to make all the design ideas, chose the idea that best suits my creative vision and make any changes I deem necessary throughout the process. I have complete control over the progression and outcome of the project.

Contribution to media product

My contribution to the process was the entirety of the project, the only aspect I had no control over was the brief, apart from that I contributed by designing, producing and editing the product. This takes a large amount of dedication as throughout the process of designing I created various mock ups and drafts before starting production.
 This image shows the first stage of draft work. This is where I decided to draw out some design ideas for my project.
 This image shows a further along stage of design, this is where I took the drawings and made mock up Photoshop designs from them.

  After making Photoshop mock ups I then chose from the design and started on enhancing and improving it to suit my brief.

This the final illustator mock up after improving the design, this is what I will make into the final product.


Development of skills
Throughout the process of designing and producing I have developed my skills in adobe computer programmes such as Photoshop and Illustrator. Previous to this project I had very limited skills in computer designing applications, now I have advanced skills and a in depth understanding of how they work.

Undertaking of Additional tasks
As well as designing and producing the product I also wanted to have a respected a constructive review of my work so I pitched my idea in front of two very respected graphic designers in the industry.






No comments:

Post a Comment